Dental Implants And The Future Of Your Smile
- Posted on: May 15 2016
Teeth can be lost for a number of reasons – athletic or traumatic injury, gum disease, decay or infection. A lifetime of poor dental habits can wreak havoc with teeth. Rarely, teeth are absent at birth. Dental implants are one solution to missing teeth. They have been around for many years, but advances in dental technology ensure that the implants of today are not those of years ago.
Consider a dental implant as a solution for:
- Old bridges or crowns that need to be replaced due to inflammation, decay, pain or bad breath.
- Loose, slipping dentures which make it difficult to eat and embarrassing to smile.
- Missing or damaged teeth which may be affecting your personal relationships and the quality of your life.
How do dental implants work?
- Your implant begins with a strong metal post made of titanium or other strong metal that doesn’t rust or bend and functions like the root of your tooth. The post is surgically positioned in your jawbone beneath the gum line. It bonds with the bone where the tooth is missing and provides a sturdy support for your custom-made crown.
- An implant won’t come loose like dentures can and they don’t have to be anchored to other teeth like bridges.
- Implants feel, look and function like real teeth and they don’t decay. But you must take good care of them by flossing, brushing and visiting our office regularly – to ensure that the gum tissue surrounding them remains healthy.
Call to schedule a consultation if you would like to know more about dental implants. We will carefully examine your teeth, take x-rays, and determine if you have healthy gums and adequate bone to support an implant. If your bone is too thin or too soft, you may require a bone graft.
Let us provide you with a long-term solution, restore your self-confidence and put your worries about your missing teeth to rest: 414-464-9021.
Posted in: Dental Implants