Dental Implants Milwaukee, WI
Restore your smile! Replace your Missing Teeth with Dental Implants from Hampton Dental Associates.
With all of the advancements in modern dental care, you’d think that tooth loss would be a thing of the past. Unfortunately, as we at Hampton Dental Associated and many people in Milwaukee area know, people still lose their teeth due to gum disease, poor home dental hygiene, and trauma. However, dental implants provide a more aesthetic and permanent option for fake teeth than traditional dental bridges or dentures.
At Hampton Dental Associates, we are committed to restoring your smile and confidence with quality dental implants.
Actual Patient Case
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are prosthetic replacements for missing teeth. Implants are like “bone screws” and once they are inserted into a person’s jaw they can:
- Replace a single tooth.
- Be used to make a bridge which replaces adjacent missing teeth
- They can be used to hold a denture in place via snaps or attachments that were placed in the implants.
- They can hold on to a bar that a denture will snap on to called a “bar-overdenture.”
- They can be used to permanently hold a denture in place called a “hybrid” prosthesis.
- They can hold a permanent bridge replacing an entire arch of missing teeth!
Dental implants consistently of three main parts:
The implant device itself, inserted directly into the jawbone.
This is often called a “chimney” as it screws into the implant and will become the foundation to hold on to the new crown. This abutment can also have a ‘“snap”screwed into it for a Locator Snap-on-Denture.
Abutments are devices that help us to hold a prosthesis onto the implant and they can be made in several styles, materials and shapes depending upon the type of final prosthesis selected. Abutments can be made out of titanium, zirconia and can be made as custom pieces or pre-fabricated pieces from the implant company.
The Dental Restoration
The part visible above the gum line, consisting of dentures, a dental crown, or a dental bridge.
These restorations can be referred to as Hybrids, Zirconia bridges, porcelain fused to gold bridges, Overdentures, Snap-on-dentures and porcelain fused to gold bridges.
The Dental Restoration
Why should I consider dental implants?
Are implants right for me?
During your consultation at our Milwaukee office, your dentist will discuss your tooth replacement and dental implant options in depth. Almost anyone fit enough to undergo a routine dental extraction or oral surgery is a good candidate for a dental implant. The dentist at Hampton Dental Associates will examine if you have sufficient jawbone mass and healthy gum tissue, free of periodontal disease.
Patients who practice good oral hygiene and visit their dentist for regular checkups are good candidates for this procedure. Smokers, people who have uncontrolled chronic disorders, or those who have underlying health conditions may be required to undergo evaluation on an individual basis.
What are my Implant Options?
Hampton Dental Associates offer three main types of implants:
Your dentist will speak to you about which option is best for you during your consultation.
What happens during the procedure?
- Local anesthesia is usually adequate for these outpatient procedures, but in more involved cases intravenous sedation may also be used.
- The first part of the implant process consists of surgically burying the implant into the jawbone. It is placed beneath the gum to protect the implant from any force while it is healing for several months.
- After a period of bone healing, your dentist will surgically expose the implant and place a healing cap which will connect the implant to the outside world and allow the soft tissue to heal properly prior to making the implant restoration.
- The surgeon then fixes posts, or abutments onto the implant. The gum is permitted to settle around the abutment and form a cuff or collar. This stage will provide the dentist with access to the implant when preparing the final restorative stage.
- Once the implants have had an opportunity to heal and have been tested for effective integration, the restorative dental work is then affixed to the successfully osseointegrated implants.
What Should I do After my Surgery?
This video can help you to understand what you need to do after your dental implants.
More Information on Dental Implants
Call (414) 464-9021 for information on any of our services.
Hampton Dental Associates is proud to offer affordable dentistry programs to help you regain your perfect smile.
Learn more about our affordable dentistry options.