Dr. Richard Winter
D.D.S. M.A.G.D. D.I.C.O.I. D.A.B.O.I./I.D. F.A.A.I.D
Dr. Richard Winter graduated from the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry in 1988. He is an avid student having achieved the prestigious Mastership Award in the Academy of General Dentistry. This award is given after taking over 1000 hours of continuing education and participation courses and passing a rigorous examination. Dr. Winter has also been awarded a Diplomate award in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. Fellowship awards in the Academy of Dentistry International and the International College of Dentists has also been conferred upon Dr. Winter. Dr. Winter just became certified in the ABOI/ID American Board of Oral Implantologists/Implant Dentistry. The ABOI/ID Diplomate designation symbolizes the highest level of competence in implant dentistry. Certification by the ABOI/ID attests to the fact that a dentist has demonstrated knowledge, ability, and proficiency in implant dentistry through a rigorous examination process.
Dr. Winter has lectured on advanced reconstructive and implant dentistry throughout the country and has published several articles on Upgradeable Dentistry, Advanced Treatment Planning, Reconstructive and Implant Dentistry and General Dentistry As A Specialty. He has also recieved recognition trom the Expert Network as a Distinguished Doctor. In his spare time he enjoys playing tennis with his daughter Ariel and son Eli. His wife, Jaclyn also helps at Hampton Dental Associates and they enjoy biking and cooking together. Dr. Rick is also an MMA (mixed martial arts) judge and has judged for the UFC, K-1 and other Kickboxing and martial arts promotions. He practiced and taught various martial arts for 35 years.
- Master Academy of General Dentistry
- Diplomate International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Diplomate American Board of Oral Implantologists / Implant Dentists
- Fellow: The International College of Dentists
- Fellow: The Academy of Dentistry International
- Top Dentist Award – 2011-2014 (Implant Dentistry)
- Board Member – Academy of General Dentistry
- Diplomate – American Board of Oral Implantology
- Master – Academy of General Dentistry (MAGD)
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- American Dental Association
- Greater Milwaukee Dental Association
Dr. Richard Winter has received the Supreme Honor Of Fellowships in the;
Fellowship in the Academy of Dentistry International is bestowed on dentists whose professional, civic, and related accomplishments are truly outstanding. Candidates for fellowship must have earned their dental degree at least five years prior to nomination.
Fellowship in the College is extended by invitation only. A nominated dentist must pass a rigorous, peer review process leading to the recognition of the individual’s “outstanding professional achievement, meritorious service and dedication to the continued progress of dentistry for the benefit of humankind.”
Dr. Rick Winter has completed over 652 hours of continuing education over the last 14 years. That is 152 over the minimum of 500 hours required. Dr. Winter believes in continually learning and improving and to provide the best possible care to his patients.
Some of the courses he has completed in the last few years are as follows:
- August 2014 – Implants
- September 2014 – Bone Grafting/GTR Surgery
- November 2014 – Microbiology
- November 2014 – Implant Surgery
- November 2014 – Surgical Phase Surgery
- November 2014 – Digital Radiology
- November 2014 – Implant Placement Surgery
- March 2015 – Implant Placement Surgery
- July 2015 – Bone Grafting/GTR Surgery
- September 2015 – Implants
- October 2015 – Implant Materials
- October 2015 – Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
- October 2015 – Pharmacotherapeutics
- March 2016 – All Ceramic Restorations
- October 2016 – Implants
- March 2017 – Occlusion
- April 2017 – Laser Therapy/Electosurgery
Follow Dr. Winter on Instagram to discover his other passion…food!