What is Reconstructive Dentistry?
Reconstructive dentistry refers to a combination of restorative and cosmetic dental procedures that reconstruct your teeth, gums, and jaw. This may involve repairing teeth that are missing, fractured, decayed, chipped, cracked, or discolored to restore their normal function and appearance.
Hampton Dental Associates has a team of expert reconstructive dentists that can handle dental reconstructive needs ranging from something as simple as repairing a dental bond to more complex cases such as full-mouth reconstruction.
For those who require reconstructive dentistry, the cause is usually either an accident that damaged the teeth, genetic defects, or poor oral hygiene. We understand how important a great smile is to your appearance, as well as how important it is to have a perfect bite. That is why we promise to provide the best possible care and world-class dental service to help you get that winning smile you’ve always wanted.
Some of the most common reconstructive dentistry treatments that we provide are the construction and installation of new teeth, dental bridge repair or rebuilding, dental implants, preventive treatments to avoid further damage to the teeth, dentures, and full-mouth reconstruction.
What are the different conditions to be corrected with Reconstructive Dentistry?
Reconstructive dentistry combines cosmetic and restorative dental treatments in order to restore the normal function of your teeth and improve the appearance of your smile. Reconstructive dentistry will correct the following dental issues:
- Replace missing teeth that you may have lost in an accident or from poor dental health
- Replace damaged teeth that may have chipped or cracked
- Provide an alternative to dentures to replace your missing teeth and fill in the gaps or spaces in between your teeth that may cause the remaining teeth to shift
- Repair and whiten teeth that are severely discolored or stained
- Repair or restore teeth that cause speech impairment
- Restore the bite for normal chewing and eating
What are the treatments used?
In order to correct the above conditions, our team of reconstructive experts at Hampton Dental Associates may recommend the following dental treatments. The reconstructive process is different for each patient, but the primary goal is to first restore functionality, and then address appearance issues with consequent treatments.
- The restoration of a severely infected tooth through the use of porcelain crowns and other restorative measures. In cases where a tooth has become hopelessly damaged, there may be a need to remove it and replace it with an artificial tooth.
- Restoring your normal bite through the use of orthodontic treatments such as braces.
- Using dental implants for a more permanent solution to dentures and to provide a solid foundation for dental bridges. Dental implants recreate the same function as your tooth root, providing stable support for dental appliances.
- Replacing some of your missing teeth with a dental bridge, which provides a very natural-looking smile using artificial teeth. Bridges can now be made a permanent fixture through the use of dental implants.
- Repairing minor dental issues with composite bonding
- Replacing some or even a full row of missing teeth using partial dentures
What should you expect when having Reconstructive Dentistry treatments?
Reconstructive dentistry requires a great deal of planning between you and the team of dentists at Hampton Dental Associates. The first step is to complete a series of examinations of the teeth, gums, jaw, as well as the supporting bones. Our clinic in Milwaukee is equipped with the latest in dental examination technology in order to get the most accurate results and to make the entire procedure convenient and comfortable for our patients.
Once the evaluation is completed, your dentist will discuss the personalized treatment plan that he has mapped out for you and the timeline. Expectations will be set and all the information about each treatment will be provided to the patient.
After the treatments are complete, your dentist will schedule regular check-ups to note the progress of the treatments as well as the condition of any dental restoration that may have been installed.
Read more about a Reconstructive Dentistry case.
Hampton Dental Associates is proud to offer affordable dentistry programs to help you regain your perfect smile.
Learn more about our affordable dentistry options.