“Full metal-mouth braces” are so old school. If you want to straighten your teeth in 2016, the best choice and the “clear” alternative to metal braces is available at Hampton Dental Associates and it’s called Invisalign.
This is Invisalign’s unique process:
• Using strong, clear, smooth plastic trays called aligners, Invisalign gradually manipulates your teeth into their perfect alignment.
• There are no wires or brackets to snag your lips or gums.
• The aligners slide directly over you teeth. They are custom made for you based on impressions and measurements of your teeth.
• They are worn continually in order to complete your treatment in the timeline we set for you.
• They can be removed to eat, drink, brush and floss and for special occasions.
Every two weeks or so, you’ll visit our office for a new aligner which is designed to move your teeth into further alignment. During the process, you will see your teeth move. In most cases, the total process takes approximately 12 to 24 months. There is no upper-age limit, but you must be willing to faithfully wear the aligners. At the end of treatment, you will be fitted with retainers to ensure that your new, straighter teeth stay positioned.
Straightening your teeth has definite advantages:
• Straight teeth are easier to keep clean which can prevent future dental problems.
• The aligners make it easy to keep your teeth clean. The trays are removed and you brush and floss as usual. This prevents tooth decay, gingivitis and staining.
• The aligners are clear and barely noticeable by your classmates or work colleagues.
• Invisalign’s plastic trays are more comfortable than metal braces and they don’t require painful tightening sessions.
• Straight teeth improve your appearance and level of self-confidence.
• Crooked teeth create pressure and tension that causes pain.
Let us help you have a smile to remember. Call for a consultation, today: 414-377-5711.